An intense summer opportunity designed to help young adults develop a clear mission for life.
Immerse 2021: The Details
When: May 23- August 14, 2021
Where: CityChurch of Ames-Des Moines • Ames, IA
Contact: Randy Beckett, Assistant Pastor
* Special tuition rate available for CityChurch participants.
Who Is Immerse For?
Individuals in college, soon to start college, or recently out of college who:
- want to be challenged and wrestle with where they are going next in life.
- want to understand what it means to follow Jesus in this postmodern world.
- want to be trained and equipped to lead.
At The Center: Your Life Plan
The central activity of the summer is a process we call Lifen. This process helps you develop a life plan that is biblical, that uniquely fits you, and that helps you see what to do now in order to build a powerful future
Be Changed By God’s Word
Over the summer you will tackle two strategic sections of Scripture.
- Acts––The book of Acts will give you a sweeping, big-picture view of our Lord’s mission. You will think through how your own life fits into His plan.
- Paul’s Letters––From these Scriptures you will find that the Church and the churches are actually the centerpiece of our Lord’s work. You will discover your role in making a church community be an authentic, dynamic, and life-changing family.
Be Impacted By Community
During the summer you will be involved in The CityChurch of Ames-Des Moines. A key reason for Immerse’s impact is the unique way it is woven into the community life of a church and of a city-wide network. You will be mentored, develop lasting relationships, gain valuable ministry responsibility, and experience a context where your gifts can be assessed.
See The Global Picture
The CityChurch of Ames-Des Moines spearheads an international ministry working to train leaders and establish churches around the world. Periodically during the summer and at a mid-summer retreat, you will be exposed to visionary leaders from this ministry network.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you participate in Immerse and take college classes at the same time?
We encourage students to give Immerse priority and avoid the added distraction of college classes during the summer. A single class can be managed if they are disciplined and motivated.
Can you participate in Immerse and work at the same time?
We encourage participants to have a less-than-full-time job. We assume that most people will need to make some money, however Immerse requires a commitment that will be difficult to fulfill working full-time.
What will participants do with their time?
Each week will be slightly different. Participants can expect their time to be divided up amongst personal study, group discussion, ministry responsibilities, CityChurch gatherings, and other informal opportunities. The experience has a good intensity.
Where will participants live?
Apartments are available for sublease in Ames every summer. You will also have the option of living with a family in the church over the summer for very reasonable room and board.